How to use those keywords to rank high at Google is the topic of thousands of blogs. “Content is King” is a favorite mantra of bloggers for good reason. The Search Engines and readers a like are looking for great content. Keywords make that royal content flash.
Readers are going to the search engines like Google and Yahoo to find what they want to know about. The search engines are looking for content to recommend to readers. You can be the site they both agree on.
Doing a good keyword search is an absolute must! To bring both the Search Engines and Readers to your blog.
How to use keywords once you have found them.
- Use keywords for your domain name. Before registering your domain with Godaddy, do a good keyword search and use those words as part of your domain name.
- Use keywords in the title of you blog. I like using long titles…more keywords.
- Use content keywords in the text of your blog. Remember your reader comes first. I like to write down all of my keywords and keep them in mind while writing my blog, and articles. Then I just write. When I am done I go back over my writing and make sure I have used keywords, or rewrite sentences so that the key words fit.
- Use bold keywords in your subtitles. There is an argument over whether this works or not…I put bold keywords in just in case it does work.
SEO – Web crawlers search engines use.
The web crawlers search engines use, read from left to right. You can take advantage of this by strategically placing your keywords on your blog.
- Use your keywords in the first four words in you headline.
- Repeat those keywords in the first sentence of your blog.
- Web crawlers will scan you blog for key words in the text. Do not pack your blog…use your words wisely. In fact if you do a search for the Google Keyword Tool you will find all of the related keywords you can put into your post.
- Repeat your keywords in the last of your blog. I like to use the post script of my blog to as a summary or call to action using my main keywords again.
It gets easier and easier. Just do it.
P.S. If you did not get the chance to see what Matt Cutts has to say about keywords – check it out: http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/seo-for-bloggers/
P.S.S. I found a new keyword tool for PC users. You will love it. Try it out for free. It is possible you would not ever need more than this free tool to help you find keywords to rank high at Google.